Countless products and innovations have made their debut at Workboat Show over the years, and the 2022 edition of the event has continued this unofficial tradition. A crowd at the American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) booth saw the launch of ABS Wavesight, which is a new maritime software company that combines two of the industry’s most powerful software products.
Paul Sells is the new CEO of Wavesight, and he was at the Workboat Show along with John McDonald, who serves as the company’s Chief Operating Officer. Both made comments that highlighted how this announcement marks an important step for ABS on multiple levels. Wavesight combines the industry- Nautical Systems™ and My Digital Fleet™ that are collectively installed on more than 5,000 vessels across the global fleet.
McDonald mentioned that the creation of this new brand was to connect with a new era and vision for ABS. Their mission was to create a piece of software that could integrate into existing systems but also open up brand new opportunities. It’s something that Sell further detailed in terms of how the solution improves safety and designs out inefficiencies by bringing things together, rather than allow them to exist as fragmented offerings,” Sells mentioned.
ABS Wavesight’s flagship products include My Digital Fleet, an AI-driven analytics and performance visualization platform, and Nautical Systems, the fleet management system that provides comprehensive tools to improve reliability and performance. ABS Wavesight builds on these capabilities by seamlessly integrating both products to offer unparalleled visibility into fleet assets and real-time insights that drive sustainable operations and reduce operational risks.
A few of the benefits of ABS Wavesight include:
- A clear vision for maritime digital software with a broad, integrated product suite
- Company reliability and stability backed by 160 years of ABS experience
- Risk-based business intelligence with the ability to support predictive decision-making using artificial intelligence
- CII impact calculation and prediction to avoid risk and improve the score
- Deep insight into fuel spend while improving the efficacy of vessel routes
- Seamless integration of industry-trusted, third-party data into one single platform
Sell and McDonald took questions from the audience focused on how the product can serve the brown watermarket as well as what makes it truly different.