The submission period for WorkBoat's 10 Significant Boats of the year is now open. Choosing WorkBoat’s 10 Significant Boats is subjective, with many boats deserving of making the list.
Here’s how to qualify:
- We often choose boats with interesting and innovative designs, but it is not a requirement. Boats recognized as “Significant” can be a first of its kind, a successful series build, one that has an unusual mission or missions, operates in unusual places, or helps advance new workboat frontiers like wind energy.
- Only boats that appeared in WorkBoat magazine from December 2021 to November 2022 will be considered. (It’s not when the boat was delivered, but when it appeared in WorkBoat.) In addition, the boat must appear as a full item in our boatbuilding section (On the Ways) or be the focus of one of our Boats & Gear or other features. The story or item must have a list of specifications, and include the owner/operator, builder and designer. We also prefer to have quotes from at least one of the major participants in the project.
Here are a few other points that will improve your chances of being selected:
- Being “considered” is not the same as being “chosen,” but you can’t be chosen if you’re not first considered. Thus, your boat must appear in the magazine from December 2021 to November 2022.
- Each boat story must include a list of specifications, including owner, builder and designer. Fill out the form below or reach out directly to WorkBoat’s senior editor Ken Hocke at [email protected] or calling him at 985-626-0298 or 985-635-9995 with any questions.
- Photos — the more the merrier. There is no guarantee we will use them all. But the more photos that our art director has to choose from, the better the presentation of the boat will be in the magazine.