Eastern Shipbuilding, Panama City, Fla. has launched the 212’7”x59’1”x25’7” Harvey Stone, a Rampage 6400 multipurpose field support vessel (MPFSV) for Harvey Gulf International Marine LLC, New Orleans.
The Harvey Stone, launched Dec. 18 from Eastern’s Allanton Rd. facility, was designed by Robert Allan Ltd., Vancouver, British Columbia. Delivery is scheduled for the second quarter.
Eastern is currently working on two additional MPSVs for Harvey Gulf, the Harvey Sub-Sea and the Harvey Blue-Sea, built to a Vard Marine design. The Harvey Sub-Sea is expected to deliver in the third quarter after outfitting and sea trials are completed. The Harvey Blue-Sea has an approximate delivery date in the first quarter of 2017.
Harvey Stone specifications:
- Dimensions (Overall): 212’7”x59’1”x25’7”
- Total Horsepower: 9,384 hp
- Main Engines: (2) GE Marine 12V250MDC IMO II, EPA Tier 4(i) marine propulsion diesel engines, 4,694 hp each
- Main PTI/PTO Clutches: (2) Twin Disc HLPS95 Marine Gears
- Hybrid System: (2) 1,000-kW Induction Shaft Motor/Generators with a DC Bus via Bi-directional Variable Frequency Drives
- Main Propulsion: (2) Schottel SRP 3030 CPP in nozzles
- Bow Thrusters: (2) Schottel STT 2FP each powered by 600-kW electric motors
- Main Generators: (2) Cummins QSK19DM Tier 3, 350 kw @ 1,800 rpm
- Emergency Generator: (1) Cummins/CMSL QSB7-DM Tier 3, 120 kW @ 1,800 rpm
- Fwd. Anchor/Towing Winch: (1) Hydraulic Anchor Windlass/Towing Winch Drum Rated Pull: 60 tons x 0 ~ 50 m/min
- Brake Holding: 100 tons (static, 1st layer) Aft. Towing Winch: (1) Hydraulic Anchor Handling/ Towing Winch, Drum Pull (1st layer): 150 tons x 0~25.0 m/min 75 tons x 0~30.0 m/min 20 tons x 0~45.0 m/min
- Drum Brake Holding: 300.0 T (static, 1st layer)
- Classification: ABS A1, AMS, Circle E, ACCU, ACP, UWILD, FFV-2, DP-2, Offshore Support Vessel, Notation (DSV Capable, ROV Capable), AH, TOW, SUPPLY, HAB+ (WB), ENVIRO
- Regulatory: USCG/IMO/SOLAS/MARPOL
- Flag: U.S.