Company: Northrop Grumman Sperry Marine
Job Title: Marine Field Service Technician 3
Location: United States – Virginia – Chesapeake
Under limited supervision, the Field Service Technician applies knowledge of electronics and circuitry to test, repair, and install a group of Sperry Marine (SMI) products. Will analyze system malfunctions and make repairs under tight shipboard schedules. Will use complex schematics and/or blueprints to achieve objective for assigned tasks.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
– Installs, troubleshoots, repairs, and tests marine products, normally aboard customers’ vessels but may include land based and shop work.
– Oversees and supervises the shipboard installation of all Sperry Marine products. Stays with installed product during sea trial and makes adjustments to ensure proper working order.
– Performs training aboard ship to satisfy customer operational requirements.
– Provides and assists in the training of less experienced employees.
– Establishes and maintains customer relationships through routine visitations and contacts at customers’ offices and vessels.
– At all times, promotes the company’s products and services through customer relationships.
– Performs administrative functions including job paperwork, time sheets, expense records, and computer entries of such records.
– Prior to jobs aboard vessels, studies previous service records and secures sufficient information, tools and spare parts to ensure a high success rate.
– After jobs aboard vessels, provides adequate follow up to ensure customer satisfaction or to arrange follow up service.
– Prepares service reports on product malfunctions and reports of weekly activities.
– Will adhere to Company’s Safety and quality policies and Field Engineering “Code of Conduct”.
– 5 years of technical, marine electronic experience; or an Associate’s Degree in a technical discipline plus 3 year of technical, marine electronic experience.
– Must be able to apply electronic and electro-mechanical theory.
– Must have current FCC General License plus radar endorsement.
– Experience with Marine Navigation equipment, to include RADAR, Gyrocompasses, Steering/ autopilot systems, and ECDIS
Working Environment and Conditions:
– Ability to frequently move and position objects weighing 40-50 lbs.
– Must be able to take a launch service 5 to 100 miles offshore and board by Jacob’s ladder.
– Ability to work in areas of height or close spaces.
– Ability to be subject to a variety of atmospheric conditions.
About the Company:
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
How to Apply:
apply online at northropgrumman.com/careers, referencing:
Marine Field Service Technician 3
Requisition ID: 19030119