Company: Golden Gate Bridge Highway & Transportation District
Job Title: Ferry Operations Analyst
Location: Larkspur, CA
POSITION: OPERATIONS ANALYST (PS101431)
This position is located at Larkspur Ferry Terminal, Larkspur, CA.
SALARY RANGE: $86,153.80 to $104,124.80 annually plus benefits
Employee pays 7% of salary/wage toward CalPERS retirement plan
Under general direction, performs a variety of operations analysis and administration-based duties. The position provides varied, complex, operations project-based analysis, coordination, and reporting; and provides confidential administrative assistance to Ferry Division Operations Management. Exercises the highest level of discretion, confidentiality and decision making to assist in facilitating the work of the Director of Operations and Operations Manager and other Division management staff. Responsible for the development of data and documentation of communication to support vessel and personnel scheduling; prepare materials for Board of Director’s review; and conduct tasks to track status and progress of key operations projects. This position will also perform a critical role in supporting the development and coordination of departmental duties within the Division and involving interaction with other departments. May act as lead to other operations and/or administrative staff.
• Performs operational analyses to identify issues and process improvement opportunities that need to
be addressed and/or resolved.
• Reviews, composes and/or edits operational documents and/or correspondences (from brief oral or
written instructions) for management signature; and ensures the completeness, accuracy, and
compliance with policies and procedures of said documents and/or correspondences. May also sign
routine correspondence as directed and/or approved by management.
• Prepares and responds both verbally and in writing to initial operations related inquiries from various
sources such as employees, union representatives, and the public with discretion and objectivity.
• Prepares meeting agendas, reports, presentations, and other informational materials which may
include Board reports, technical or legal report and other documents related to the activities of the
Department, materials for meetings, speeches, presentations, and agenda items, from notes, research,
brief instructions, prior drafts or voice recording equipment.
• Relieves managers of certain administrative matters by transmitting information and staying informed
of pertinent activities and performing general administrative functions (e.g., Department files and mail,
receiving and screening telephone calls, making travel arrangements, maintaining manager contact
information and assisting with Departmental budget).
• Follows up and collaborates with department heads and managers to keep them advised of the status
of correspondence, agenda items and other related matters delegated for action or response.
• Work with, interacts and/or interfaces extensively with District employees. May also work with the
public to address concerns as directed.
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with District employees, customers, vendors
and all others contacted during the course of work using principles of excellent customer service
• Performs additional related duties as assigned.
• Regular and reliable attendance and performance is required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
• Microsoft office including spreadsheets, statistical analysis and database software
• Basic Project Management
• Occupational health and safety rules and working practices applicable to this position
• District Policies and Labor Agreement (MOU) Provisions
• Evaluate and analyze operations and administrative concerns, and determine alternative courses of
actions and present recommendations
• Learn and apply District policies, laws, and regulations that pertain to work
• Work as part of a team using excellent interpersonal and communication skills with personnel at all
levels, both inside and outside the District
• Demonstrate strong problem solving skills, creativity, innovativeness and self-motivation
• Maintain confidentiality and protect information and documents appropriately
• Work calmly and effectively in a high volume, high visibility office environment under the pressure of
• Organize work, set priorities, meet critical deadlines and follow up assignments with a minimum of
• Manage projects and programs in a positive and effective manner
• Follow the safety and health rules and safe working practices applicable to the job
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Education and Experience Equivalent to:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Public Administration, or in any related field. Qualifying experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis in lieu of education. A written statement detailing qualifying experience must be submitted with the application.
• Requires a minimum of four years’ recent full-time position related complex and confidential experience requiring the use of initiative and independent judgement. Experience must include a minimum of two years of operations related technical/administrative experience
• Must be able to demonstrate proficiency using advanced word processing, spreadsheet and database software; prepare analysis, presentations, and spreadsheets using Excel. PowerPoint is desirable
• Experience at an advanced level preforming operations based analysis (financial, vessel and personnel
scheduling) and technical administrative responsibilities is desirable
• Knowledge of Marine transportation operations technical and administrative functions, including
budget, labor, and operations management is desirable
Working Environment and Conditions:
About the Company:
How to Apply:
FAILURE TO MEET ANY OF THE REQUIREMENTS STATED BELOW
MAY RESULT IN REJECTION OF YOUR APPLICATION
TO APPLY: www.goldengate.org/jobs
Applicants must apply online by the deadline date. Applications received after the deadline will
not be considered.
For directions and general information, visit our website www.goldengate.org.
The District’s primary and official means of application notification is via EMAIL. Thus, applicants are
advised to check their email for their application status updates.
THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENT(S) MUST BE SUBMITTED AT TIME OF APPLICATION:
1. GGBHTD Online Employment Application
2. Resume (Scan and attach as PDF to your online application)
3. Evidence of bachelor’s degree or a written statement detailing experience in lieu of degree
(Scan and attach as PDF to your online application)
THE SELECTION PROCESS FOR THIS POSITION will include:
• Assessment of education, training, and experience
• Skills testing
• Oral Panel interview
• Department interview for final candidates
• Medical examination, post offer of “conditional employment”
• Background, Employment and Security Investigation (post-offer)
***The District will invite ONLY those candidates whose qualifications MOST CLOSELY MATCH the
position requirements to continue in the selection process.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of the Golden Gate Bridge Highway and Transportation District to take all
personnel actions on the basis of merit and other job-related factors, without regard to race,
color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical
conditions), disability: physical or mental, age (40 and older), genetic information, marital
status, sexual orientation and identity, medical condition, political affiliation or military
Applicants with Disabilities: The Human Resources Department will make reasonable efforts
to accommodate applicants with disabilities to complete the Employment Application and in
any job-related examination process. If you have special needs, please call (415) 257-4535