American Waterways Operators is hiring a Southern Region Representative
The Southern Region representative is the principal ambassador to AWO members and external stakeholders in the Southern Region. The Southern Region representative builds and maintains close working relationships with AWO members, Coast Guard officials, federal and state government officials and coalition partners; leads industry advocacy initiatives in the region; and communicates proactively and effectively with members and external stakeholders.
• Conduct systematic, ongoing outreach to all Southern Region members to foster member retention, satisfaction and engagement.
• Serve as principal liaison to members of the Board of Directors from the Southern Region.
• Identify and lead outreach to prospective members in the Southern Region.
• Keep members informed on relevant advocacy and industry issues in a timely way.
• Lead and coordinate regular outreach to Coast Guard field units throughout the Southern Region.
• Develop and maintain relationships with other federal, state, and local government officials to advance AWO’s policy objectives in the Southern Region; lead AWO’s Congressional grassroots outreach in the Southern Region.
• Develop and maintain relationships with other relevant stakeholders; lead and leverage coalitions to advance industry objectives.
• Lead industry advocacy initiatives on Southern Region issues.
• Work collaboratively, transparently, and cross-functionally with all members of the AWO staff.
• Highly effective relationship builder with outstanding interpersonal skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; demonstrated ability to interact at all political and industry levels effectively and comfortably.
• Knowledge of the tugboat, towboat and barge industry in the Southern Region; ability to quickly learn the issues and policies impacting the interests of AWO’s members.
• Demonstrated political acumen and effectiveness in sensitive situations.
• Motivated self-starter.
• Strong project management skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple issues and tasks without close supervision.
• Bachelor's degree and 10+ years of relevant experience.
• Ability to travel within the region frequently.
• Southern Region location; New Orleans or Houston preferred.
• Southern Region states include: Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida panhandle.
See www.americanwaterways.com for information about our organization.