KEMEL is seeking a Service Technician
General Position Summary:
Service Technicians work from a home office and manage customer service within their region. Domestic and sometimes foreign travel within the Americas is required.
Essential Job Function:
· Inspect, evaluate, overhaul and test stern tube and rudder stock seals as per our technical standard.
· Develop and maintain customer satisfaction through strong technical knowledge, positive attitude and work ethic.
· Aprox 90 days travel per year, some international.
· Strong mechanical background is essential.
Critical Job Dimensions (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
· Within 6 months of hire date, successfully completes oil & water seal bonding training.
· Within 6 months of hire date, able to work independently servicing & commissioning EVK type water seals.
· Within 12 months of hire date, able to work independently servicing DX & AX type oil seals.
· Familiar with precision measurement tools, common hand tools and repair level machine shop skills.
· Safety conscious in industrial settings.
· Capable of being both a team player and working independently.
· Above average critical thinking & technical communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Displays a positive, professional attitude in the workplace.
· Able to understand drawings, specifications and follow detailed procedures.
Required Job Related Certificates/Licenses:
Driver’s License. TWIC & Passport (company reimbursed)
Work Environment & Physical Demand:
Able to climb ladders, work off of scaffolding and occasionally in cramped, hot or cold, noisy and at times smelly locations while wearing PPE.
Lifting: Up to 70 lbs
Physical Sight: Definitely
Vehicle Driving Requirement: Yes
Business Travel Requirement: Yes – Max 100 days/year
The above job description identifies the essential job functions and skills needed by the person or persons assigned to this position. These job functions and skills are not intended to be a complete and exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. Any accommodations made must be stated in writing and attached to this job description. The information contained herein is subject to change at the company’s discretion.