Böning USA (Gulf Coast Area) is Seeking a highly motivated Sales and Application Engineer
The Sales and Application Engineer / Business Developer will be responsible for the Gulf Coast area (TX, LA, MS, AL), managing existing customers and prospecting new strategic partnerships for Böning USA. This position requires that the candidate resides in Louisiana state, in the Gulf Coast area.
The main responsibilities are:
- Prospect for new customers in the commercial shipping industry (ship operators, shipyards, integrators, electrical resellers) in the Gulf Coast Area
- Develop and support new businesses, new partnerships, and new solutions
- Manage client relations, and engage with customers from engineering to commissioning
- Make telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers
- Prepare technical and commercial proposals/quotations
- Plan and define sales strategies,
- Elaborate sales reports on customer orders, needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services
- Prepare weekly reports about sales activities
- Attend trade shows
- Report to the managing director
The Sales and Application Engineer / Business Developer will be expected to travel to Böning USA in Florida monthly, for training and internal meetings.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must have: 3 years or more of sales experience selling electric/electronic equipment for commercial vessels.
- Must have: A track record of achieving and exceeding sales goals
- Must have: Bachelor's degree, ideally in engineering, or some technical discipline (electric / electronics / automation)
- Must have: Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience with boat electronics
- Entrepreneur profile
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office
- Self-driven, proactive, and can work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize work
- Available for frequent travel, including overnight travel and driving a car
- Interested in working in a fast-paced, multicultural, and multilingual environment
- Base salary + commission
- Benefits: profit sharing, health insurance, paid holidays, paid vacation
Indefinite U.S. work authorized individuals only. Future sponsorship for work authorization is not available.
Please send your resume to [email protected]