General Ship Repair Corp. is seeking an Inside Machinist
Family owned and operated with a family atmosphere, great benefits, and pleasant living in the Chesapeake Bay area.
- Full Time
- Dental, Life, Medical
- $30 to $38 per hour
· Hands-on supervisor rebuilding marine deck, engine, and propulsion equipment. Make shafts and machined parts using machine shop equipment. (lathe, milling machine, drilling equipment, ect.) to an accuracy of +/- .003”
· Read micrometers and work with close tolerances.
· Troubleshoot and repair, mechanical and hydraulic problems on ships equipment. Install, dismantle, repair, reassemble, and move machinery.
· Some weekends and overtime may be required.
· Perform other duties, as assigned.
· Benefits include Healthcare and 401K Retirement Plan.
· Overtime after 8 Hours/Day
· 13 Paid Holidays
About the General Ship Repair Corp.:
We are a small family-owned ship repair yard with two 1,000-ton dry docks on Baltimore’s Inner Harbor. We repair tugs, dinner boats, fire boats, etc. In addition to the drydock work, we service oceangoing ships at the loading docks here in the Port of Baltimore. Our industrial division, Baltimore Metal Works, operates our machine and fabrication shops. We just finished construction of a new 1,000-ton floating dry dock. With our new dry dock, we are expanding our business.
1449 Key Highway, Blatimore, MD 21230