This webinar will seek to answer the following questions:
- Learn what’s included in the proposed regulation and why.
- What it means to operate under a Coast Guard certificate of inspection.
- Critical decisions for companies in choosing traditional Coast Guard inspections or the third party towing safety management system.
- Learn the difference between a voluntary safety management system and one required by regulation.
- What “third parties” need to consider about avoiding conflicts of interest.
This will be an interesting couple of years for the towing industry. Those companies who get ready now will reap the benefits of doing so. Don’t end up being haunted by the words of Benjamin Franklin: “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.”
Kevin Gilheany, Maritime Compliance International
Kevin Gilheany is a maritime industry consultant who, through his company Maritime Compliance International, works with organizations who want to increase profitability by achieving excellence through compliance and management systems. As a retired U.S. Coast Guard marine inspector, a business owner, certified marine surveyor and auditor, and crew endurance management expert. Kevin’s experience makes him uniquely qualified on the topics of leadership, excellence, and compliance management.