SEATTLE – MITAGS/PMI, Seattle, is putting together a two-day (June 29-30) workshop that will explore best practices to ensure systematic and disciplined approaches to risk-based internal auditing. The goal is to show attendees how to evaluate and improve processes and management system effectiveness.
Designed for all sectors of the maritime industry and geared toward shoreside and vessel personnel, seasoned and veteran auditors, the workshop will combine in-depth knowledge with a practical approach to assist with auditor selection, retention, and performance criteria.
Workshop objectives include the following:
• Define purpose, authority, and responsibility of risk-based internal auditing;
• Describe risk-based internal auditing objectives;
• List inherent elements of a good auditor;
• Identify risk-based internal auditor qualifications and key competencies (KSAs);
• Develop and implement a plan for the risk-based internal auditing team’s on-going professional development;
• Identify quality audits to ensure consistency of results;
• Explain risk-based internal audit processes;
• Develop a risk-based internal auditor toolbox;
• Establish a framework for assessing risk;
• Develop criteria against which to audit;
• Verify and validate documents and records;
• Conduct a successful interview;
• Assess performance measurements;
• Write a meaningful risk-based internal audit report;
• Determine appropriate follow-up activity;
• Identify common audit mistakes;
• Promote quality assurance and improvement of risk-based internal auditing
For more information, contact MITAGS/PMI at 888-893-7829.