IWBS 2012 Home Page
International WorkBoat Show 2012
If it happens at IWBS 2012, you'll find it here
The editors of WorkBoat magazine and WorkBoat.com are diligently covering the biggest event in the workboat industry, getting you all the news from the floor, the educational seminars, and the meetings and parties happening all throughout New Orleans. This is where you'll find the product releases, business news, video interviews with industry members from the show floor, and everything you could ever hope to know about what's going on at WorkBoat 2012. Even if you were walking the show floor yourself, you'd probably find something here you didn't know about that was going on in the far corner of the floor you couldn't quite make it to.
Check back often, though, because we'll have a ton of material we'll be putting up, at least through the New Year. And, hey, if there's anything you think we're missing, just drop us a line and maybe we can follow up right quick.
TOP NEWS FROM THE 2012 WORKBOAT SHOW:
- WorkBoat announces Top 10 Stories of 2012 at IWBS 2012
- What are your assets worth?
- Gulf rebound continues
- Industry heavyweight to keynote IWBS 2012 today
- USCG’s voluntary inspection program uncovers issues
- Gulf shipyard slots are filled with OSVs
- Harley Marine Services and Harvey Gulf Marine win environmental awards
- WorkBoat names its top 10 boats of 2012
- Towing vessel inspection options: the choices
- Jones Act violations will be punished
- Natural gas, the marine fuel of the future
- OSV operators seek maritime academy grads
WATCH VIDEOS FROM THE SHOW:
- WorkBoat Executive Summit keynoter Michael Mandelbaum says the United States needs to invest in three areas in order to remain a super power.
- Following the Executive Summit, one thing is clear: It's a good time to be a shipyard.
- Ambassador McCulley says there's opportunity in Nigeria
- Rolls-Royce and Robert Allan make a deal to develop LNG-powered tug designs
- IWBS 2012, Day 1: What's the buzz on the WorkBoat Show floor?
- A tour of the Sea Scout
BLOGS FROM THE SHOW:
- Hocke: Questions begging answers at IWBS 2012
- Krapf: Building a workboat? It's not just about price.
ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM THE SHOWFLOOR:
- Great Lakes Shipyard is hiring
- US Fab to build split-hull dump barge
- New design launched for wind farm service vessels
- Cummins announces two new Tier 3 engines
- Mustang Survival to showcase latest flotation, climate-protection solutions
- Coast Guard Foundation lands $25k grant
- Beier Radio unveils latest DP system
- ABS launches new environmental management system
- ABS offers new guide to dynamic positioning systems
- New heliport lighting system released
- Coastal Marine adds hose-handling cranes and rescue-boat davits
- Cable industry leaders announce partnership
- Rugged QTERM HMIs now ABS classified for marine applications
- AETI announces new M&I vessel management system
- Charlie Hardy retires from Superior Energy Services Marine Division
- Delta "T" offers marine hook load testing
- John Deere announces new engines
- "Marilyn Monroe" joins "Elvis"
- Scania USA announces new engines
- Seakeeper increases productivity for Braveheart vessel
- Tognum upgrades MTU series 4000 workboat engines
- Torqeedo launches new 80hp electric outboard
- Caterpillar and Ariel Corporation announce joint venture
- Dometic launches workboat specific HVAC unit
- GE Marine announces 16 engine deliveries for 2013
- Production of new 144-car ferries on-schedule
- Standard Crane announces new manufacturing facility in Terrebonne Parish